Spicy Italian Peppers In SauceFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 4 cubanelle peppers, chopped shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped shopping list
- 2 Hungarian Wax peppers, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced shopping list
- 1 (28-oz) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes shopping list
- 3 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 tbsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add the peppers and saute until they begin to soften and break down, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, pepper flakes, onion and garlic powders and basil.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Uncover and break up the tomatoes with a spoon, cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Add seasoning to taste.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget557 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Whole Foods142 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members