Ice Cream MoldFrom tuilelaith 3 years ago
- 2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 42) shopping list
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 1/2 quarts peppermint ice cream, softened shopping list
- 3 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 5 egg yolks, well beaten shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 5 egg whites shopping list
How to make it
- Reserve 1/2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs and toss the rest with margarine.
- Press this into a 9 x 12-inch pan.
- Spread on the softened ice cream and freeze.
- Melt butter and chocolate over low heat; gradually stir in egg yolks, confectioners' sugar, nuts and vanilla.
- Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Stiffly beat egg whites.
- Beat chocolate mixture smooth and fold in egg whites.
- Spread this chocolate mixture over ice cream and top with the reserved crumbs.
- To serve, allow to thaw only slightly and cut into 12 bars.
- may be prepared ahead and frozen.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!