Mediterranean Veggie WrapFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp dill shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into strips then halved width-wise shopping list
- 1 thick slice vidalia onion, halved and separated into half-moon "rings" shopping list
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce shopping list
- 1/4 large english cucumber, julienned shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, roughly torn shopping list
- 1 lavash wrap (I used Joseph's Flax, oat bran & whole wheat flour Lavash bread) shopping list
How to make it
- The morning before you plan to serve (at least 2 hours before), combine the yogurt, garlic, dill, pepper, salt and lemon juice. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Heat a small non-stick pan over high heat and add the peppers and onions. Cook just until they begin to soften, stirring often.
- Pour cooked vegetables into a bowl and add half the yogurt sauce. Stir well.
- Spread the remaining yogurt sauce on the lavash and place the romaine and cucumber overtop.
- Arrange the cooked vegetables on top and scatter the oregano leaves on top of that.
- Roll up, cut in half and serve (with dill pickles if you're strange like me!).
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!