Chew Crew CookiesFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 4 oz non-hydrogenated shortening shopping list
- 2 oz unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp golden corn syrup shopping list
- 150 g "dessert style" tofu (I used Sunrise Soya original flavour), pureed shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 tsp butter flavour (optional) shopping list
- 2 1/3 cups white whole wheat (or Nutri-Blend) flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup psyllium husks shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced dried apple, soaked in 2 tbsp scotch and water, drained well shopping list
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips shopping list
- 1/3 cup smoky bacon bits (I used imitation since I had them on hand) or crisp cooked bacon shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugars, shortening and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in the corn syrup, tofu, vanilla and butter flavouring.
- Stir in the flour, psyllium, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt until well combined.
- Fold in the apples, butterscotch chips and bacon bits. See Photo
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment.
- Form balls of dough and flatten into thick discs (they don't spread much).
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating pans halfway through.
- Cool on the sheets.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!