Young Stuffed ZucchiniFrom mbouchersr 2 years ago
- 4 small zucchini's 5 to 6 inches long shopping list
- 2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 12 crimini mushrooms shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 ripe tomatoes shopping list
- 2 slices white toasting bread shopping list
- soft butter shopping list
- small handful flat leaf parsley shopping list
- small handful of basil or tarragon shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded parmigiano - reggiano shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425
- Halve the zucchini lengthwise and scoop out seeds and soft center with a spoon to produce a shallow shell to hold the stuffing.
- reserve the flesh.
- arrange the shells on a baking dish,drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the reserved zucchini flesh and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat,saute the mushrooms,onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved zucchini and tomatoes,season with salt and pepper to taste,heat through for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- While the veggies cook,toast the bread and spread liberally with butter and tear into pieces.
- Add the bread to food processor along with basil or tarragon and parsley,pulse into crumbs.
- Fold the crumbs into the veggie mixture with 1/2 cup of parmesan and the egg.
- Mound the zucchini mixture into the shells and roast for 15 minutes, remove from oven sprinkle the tops with remaining cheese and broil for 2 to 3 minutes to slightly brown.
- Enjoy !!!
The Cookmbouchersr Lewiston, Maine
- Not added to any groups yet!