Herb Samgyupsal W Garlic N OnionFrom oliviajasonkim 4 years ago
- 2 lb pork belly strips or pre-cut shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme (fresh or dry) shopping list
- 1 tsp dill weed (fresh or dry) shopping list
- 1 tsp rosemary (fresh or dry) shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- lettuce varieties (red leaf lettuce, perilla leaves, Boston bibb, frisee) shopping list
- 1 garlic bulb, peeled shopping list
- 1 small onion, cut into discs shopping list
- ⅓ cup kochujang (red pepper paste) shopping list
- ½ cup dwenjang (soybean paste) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or garlic powder) shopping list
- 1 tsp rice wine shopping list
- 1 tsp brown sugar (or honey) shopping list
- 1 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- ½ tbsp sesame seeds shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Rub on the herbs and garlic powder to each of the pork belly. Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- 2. Wash and prepare the lettuce leaf varieties under cold water. Set on serving plates.
- 3. Cook pork strips on non-stick pan or skillet on medium-high heat. Make sure the pan is hot before adding the pork. Cook about 7 minutes on each side or until well-browned. Remove to a paper-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- 4. Meanwhile, make the samjang sauce by mixing the last 7 ingredients in the list above. For a spicier sauce, add more gochujang (hot pepper paste).
- 5. With the remaining fatty oil, saute the garlic cloves and onion discs for about 3 minutes or until nicely charred. Drain and set aside.
- 6. Cut the pork strips into bite size pieces and transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy with lettuce varieties, rice, and samjang sauce.
- *If you are pressed for time, you can skip the herb rub altogether and purchase ready-made samjang sauce at the Korean market. This will cut prepping and cooking time in half.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!