Philly Cheese BuntyFrom sckewer 3 years ago
- 2 Italian Sandwich rolls shopping list
- 1 onion, of whatever colour ye desire sliced thin shopping list
- 1/2 bell pepper, whatever colour sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream shopping list
- flour + butter to desired consistency shopping list
- 1 t spoon green pepper corns shopping list
- 2 good steaks, whatever cut you prefer, but remember lean steaks need to be tenderised shopping list
- 1 large potato, maybe 2 shopping list
- 1/4 cup of vinegar shopping list
- 4 slices cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- The Fries
- 1 day before, slice the potato into French fries.
- Now put them in water and vinegar and bring them to a boil for about 10 minutes.
- pull them out, pat dry, then freeze.
- In a deep frier or pan, bring the oil to 375 degrees.
- Cook the fries and the sliced peppers in this oil until they float, and then wait about 30-50 seconds, then remove them and dry them, and salt them as you like.
- as a side note this method for making fries is stolen from the burger lab http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/05/the-burger-lab-how-to-make-perfect-mcdonalds-style-french-fries.html
- Incidentally while you are par boling those fries you may consider using a chicken, beef, or vegetable stock instead of water, to flavour the fries themselves.
- Steak and Sauce
- Get your steak out 20 minutes before you plan to cook it, as always.
- Get out your pan and bring it with some oil up to medium high heat and sear your steaks, might as well start by getting the meat juices into the pan. For now we only want to sear the meat we don't want to cook it more than we have to at this point, cause we'll re heat it all at the end.
- Caramelise the onions, all by their lonesome, always caramelise onions by themselves. They're very secretive about it and don't like others in the pan with them while they caramelise.
- Add mushrooms, and Worcestershire sauce.
- De-glaze the pan get all the bits up and mixed in.
- Lower heat to medium.
- Add the cream and stock, and stir together with a whisk, add the stock first to lower the temperature so the cream is less likely to curdle.
- At this point the steak has rested and you can slice it into 1 cm slices.
- mix equal parts butter and flour together into a roll.
- Add this roll of flour and butter slowly until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Add Green Pepper corns
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes to cook off the flour, while you're at it reheat the steak to desired doneness in the sauce. 30 seconds to a minute per degree of donity.
- Get on your Captain America suit, wait that's the Avengers. So make a canal in your Italian bread. Reinforce it's walls with cheese slices. Then dump in the fries and peppers, and either poor over the sauce and steak, or pull the steak out and onto the bread and use the sauce as an aux jus. If you are using the sauce as an aux jus, you won't need to thicken the sauce so don't worry about the flour and butter, but still simmer it for 10 to 15 minutes to mingle the flavours.
The Cooksckewer Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!