Creamy Banana Tart With Vegan Strawberry CurdFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 2.5 oz salted butter, softened shopping list
- 2.5 tbsp powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract shopping list
- 9 1/2 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 2 large, over-ripe bananas shopping list
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2/3 cup vegan strawberry curd shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla and lemon extract until fluffy
- Add the flour and beat until fluffy again.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 2 hours.
Filling and Baking
- Preheat oven to 340F.
- In a small food processor, puree the filling ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove the crust from the fridge and press into the bottom and up the sides of a deep, 6" pie plate.
- Pour in the filling, smoothing the top.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Spread strawberry curd overtop of the partially baked filling, then return to the oven and bake a further 20 minutes.
- Cool completely and chill before serving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!