Sweet Potato PattiesFrom tuilelaith 1 year ago
- 4 medium sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon/nutmeg/allspice, or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 brown sugar or to taste, honey or fake sugar also , you decide shopping list
- 1 egg, I have wild range chicken eggs, delivered to my door shopping list
- quick oats, for binding, yeah I know.... shopping list
- olive oil spray for cooking pan shopping list
How to make it
- Microwave sweet potatoes until done, mash, they should just fall right out of their skins. Sometimes I will take scissors and cut the skins up very fine and add them, this is really up to you. I like the fiber and nutrients that are added.
- Mix in all of the other ingredients to form a semi firm product. Actually it is just like mashed potatoes just a hair softer.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a hot cast iron skillet, sprayed with olive oil spray.
- Over medium/low heat cook until both sides are brown and crisp.
- Cool a little and Serve!
- I love them just this way, but Vanilla Greek Yogurt would make a great topping!