Baked ZitiFrom cinnamongal 4 years ago
- 1 pound ziti shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey shopping list
- 6 – 8 slices provolone cheese shopping list
- 8 oz container of sour cream (can use 4 oz. sour cream and 4 - 6 oz.. ricotta cheese combined or 8 oz. ricotta cheese mixed with an egg.) shopping list
- 6 - 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (can use shredded Italian blend) shopping list
- 1 large jar spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- About 20 minutes before you are ready to put this together, bring a large pot salted water to boil and cook ziti until al dente. (approximately 8 minutes).
- In a large skillet cook the onion(s) in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil until caramelized.
- Drain off excess grease, return to pan and add spaghetti sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn the burner off, and let the pan sit about 15 minutes so the sauce can cool a bit before stirring in the sour cream or ricotta mixture.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13 inch-baking dish.
- Put a little sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Layer ½ the ziti, ½ the meat sauce and top this layer with the provolone cheese.
- Add a layer of shredded mozzarella on top of the provolone.
- Add the other half of ziti, the meat sauce mixture, and another layer of mozzarella on top.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover in tin foil (spray it with cooking spray so it won’t stick to your cheese) and bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until cheeses are melted and you can hear it bubbling.
- You can take the foil off the last 15 minutes so the top can get brown and crunchy if you wish.
- If you are refrigerating this to heat later, take it out of the fridge an hour before you are going to place it in the oven.
The Cookcinnamongal Mequon, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!