Buttermilk PieFrom awrelie 3 years ago
- 1 1/4 all-purpose flour shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp of sugar shopping list
- 80g cold butter shopping list
- 4-6 tbsp cold buttermilk shopping list
- 60g butter shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour, salt and sugar.
- Add butter cubes and make crumbs with fingers.
- Add 4 tbsp of buttermilk and knead a dough. If it doesn't come together, add more buttermilk.
- Using a rolling pin roll a flat circle of 35cm [13,8in]. Line it in a circle baking tray with a baking paper.
- Place in a fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 160C [320F]
- Melt the butter.
- Whisk eggs with vanilla sugar and white sugar, mix in the flour.
- Don't stop mixing and pour in melted butter a little at once, then do the same with buttermilk.
- Pour the mixture on the crust and bake for 1 hour or more, until the edges of the dough will become light brown.
The Cookawrelie Marijampolė, Lithuania
- Not added to any groups yet!