Traditional Dutch Apple PieFrom awrelie 3 years ago
- 300g all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 200g cold butter shopping list
- 160g caster sugar shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 50g caster sugar shopping list
- 800g apples [peeled and cut into thin slices] shopping list
- 2 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tbsp caster sugar shopping list
- 1 whisked egg shopping list
How to make it
- Add flour, caster sugar, beking powder, salt and cubed cold butter in a bowl and make crumbles with your fingers.
- Add egg yolk and make dough.
- Take 24cm [9.4in] diameter circle baking tray and line with baking paper.
- Take 2/3 of the dough and line it on the buttom and make sides as well,.
- Wrap the remaining dough in food wrap and place it in a fridge. Plac the baking tray in a fridge as well.
- Preheat the oven to 180C [356F]
- Mix apples with 2 tbsp of caster sugar and cinnamon.
- 50g of cinnamon has to be applied on the dough in a baking tray.
- Put apples on the dough in the tray.
- Take the dough in food wrap and make a grid on the top.
- Apply whisked egg on the grid.
- Bake for ~1 hour 10 minutes. If it will start burning too fast, add some foil on the top.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes.
The Cookawrelie Marijampolė, Lithuania
- Not added to any groups yet!