Fresh Cherry Pudding Cake CobblerFrom midgelet 1 year ago
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted (thawed, if frozen) shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 Tbs cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place fruit in the bottom of a buttered 9 inch square or 10 inch round cake pan or baking dish.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and half the sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk, butter and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- Spread batter over fruit.
- Combine remaining sugar and cornstarch and sprinkle over batter.
- Pour boiling water over mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Serve warm or cold
- Garnish with whipped cream if desired or even ice cream