Chocolate Saliami - IdlerFrom awrelie 2 years ago
- 360g pastry cookies [simple cookies which don't get too soft] shopping list
- 100g black chocolate shopping list
- 150g unsalted butter shopping list
- 5 tbsp bitter baking cocoa powder shopping list
- 385g sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp white sugar shopping list
- handful walnuts shopping list
- handful almonds shopping list
- handful cashew shopping list
- handful dried cranberries shopping list
- caster sugar [for rolling] shopping list
How to make it
- Break the cookies into ~8 parts [if its size is ~8x8cm]
- Crush nuts a little and cut cranberries into smaller pieces.
- Melt the butter, chocolate on a low heat until solid.
- Add sugar, cocoa and after a good mixing, add condensed milk. Heat until boiling and turn off the stove.
- Mix cookies with nuts and cranberries.
- Pour the mass on the cookies and mix well.
- Divide the mass into 2 parts, put it on a big piece of food wrap and form a log. Take a piece of thread and tie the ends. Put it in a fridge.
- Take it out from time to time and try to keep the form of a log.
- 3-4 hours later, take it out, take the food wrap of and roll in caster sugar.
- Now you can put it in a baking paper to make it look like real saliami.
- Keep in a fridge for at least 24 hours.
The Cookawrelie Marijampolė, Lithuania
- Not added to any groups yet!