Butter And Cheese BunFrom Yinhomemade 10 months ago
- INGREDIENTS A shopping list
- 500g bread flour or high protein flour shopping list
- 8g instant dry yeast shopping list
- 80g castor sugar shopping list
- 7g salt shopping list
- INGREDIENTS B shopping list
- 1 small (50g)egg (beaten) shopping list
- 250ml cold fresh milk shopping list
- INGREDIENTS C shopping list
- 60g soften butter shopping list
- INGREDIENTS D shopping list
- 6-8 pc cheese (slice into half) shopping list
- 50g castor sugar shopping list
- 160g butter (cubed) shopping list
- 1 egg (beaten for egg wash) shopping list
- (Serving about 16 buns) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mix all ingredients (A+B) knead till it can be stretched into thin sheet.
- 2. Add in butter and knead until the butter is combined with the dough, continue until it becomes smooth.
- 3. Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover with greased cling wrap to proof till double in bulk.
- 4. When dough doubled in size, test the dough for readiness - press dough with finger, if the impression stays and the dough does not spring back then it is ready.
- 5. Punch down and knead again till smooth. Rest for 15 minutes.
- 6. Divide the dough into 60g each portion, roll flat dough and add in butter and wrap up to form into oval shape, arrange in a greased square baking tray covered with greased cling wrap and let dough prove for second time (about 1 hr).
- 7. When the dough rises for second time, brush dough with egg wash and top with cheese slice, sprinkle with some castor sugar.
- 8. Bake at 190 degree Celsius for 15 minutes till golden brown.
- 9. Remove and cool on wire rack.
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!