Harvest Moon Pork Chop CasseroleFrom otterpond 4 years ago
- 6 4oz pork chops shopping list
- 1 6oz package of cornbread stuffing mix shopping list
- 3 strips bacon shopping list
- 1/2 cup prepared creamy corn chowder shopping list
- 2 plum tomatoes shopping list
- 1 jalapeno shopping list
- 1/2c diced onion shopping list
- 1/2c diced celery shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp bacon drippings shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare stuffing mix according to directions.
- Fry the bacon and remove to drain then crumble.
- Use the bacon pan with all its lovely drippings to lightly saute the chopped tomato, onion, jalapeno, and celery. Remove while they are still brightly colored and slightly crisp.
- Toss the vegetables and bacon crumbles with the cornbread stuffing then lay the stuffing down at the bottom of a casserole See Photo. Rectagular will work best for this one.
- Give a click of heat to the skillet you just used to sautee the vegetables. Add another teaspoon or so of bacon drippings to the skillet and brown the pork chops on both sides.
- Place the browned chops on top of the stuffing See Photo. Pour the corn chowder over the top.
- Bake at 350 covered for 1 hour.
- Nutrition Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/harvest-moon-pork-chop-casserole/