Spicy Hot Corn Side DishFrom eyecook 3 years ago
How to make it
- Remove husks and corn silk and rinse the corn under cold running water to get any bits of stray corn silk off.
- Cut off the corn kernels with a serrated knife - not too close to the cob.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the kernels, heating gently
- With the edge of a knife scape the corn cob to get any of the remaining corn bits and the milky liquid off and into the pan.
- Heat everything until the corn is hot.
- Dice the hot peppers finely and add to the corn - and remove from stove right away (otherwise the capsaicin will become airborne and you'll have to evacuate the kitchen :-)
- Salt to taste.
- Some serving suggestions:
- As a side dish with huevos rancheros or refried beans for breakfast.
- As a hot dog relish for lunch or with a hot turkey sandwich.
- With grilled chicken and new potatoes for dinner.