Sweet Potato Veggie BurgersFrom tuilelaith 4 years ago
- 2 cans cannellini white beans, drained shopping list
- 1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp tahini shopping list
- 2 tsp maple or agave syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning OR cajun seasoning (or another fave spice!) shopping list
- 1/4 cup wheat flour shopping list
- optional: additional seasoning (whatever you have on hand - I used a few dashes cayenne, black pepper and a scoop of nutritional yeast) shopping list
- salt to taste if needed shopping list
- plentiful panko crumbs shopping list
- safflower oil for pan shopping list
- burgers: avocado, Dijon mustard, grain buns, romaine, onion, olive oil, pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bake sweet potato.
- Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
- Add drained beans to mixing bowl.
- Mash beans and potato together.
- Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning.
- Your mixture will be quite soft and moist.
- But you should be able to form a patty.
- Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs - or dry rice to thicken the mixture if needed. NOTE: I would love to use dry wild rice for this!
- Heat 1 Tbsp safflower oil in a pan over high heat.
- Form a patty from mixture and coat in Panko crumbs.
- Thick coating.
- Then drop the patty in the pan.
- Repeat until the pan is filled.
- Cook until browned on both sides.
- You could also bake. NOTE: I would only bake,
- If baking, use less Panko. NOTE: I would use multi grain bread ir oatmeal as a coating.
- Transfer cooked patties to paper towel.
- Cool for a few minutes.
- Serve on toasted bun with lots of toppings.
- makes 7-8 large patties
- Note: yes this patty does fall kind of apart as you eat it. But that is OK because it tastes yummy.
- Source: http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2012/02/easy-sweet-potato-veggie-burgers-with.html
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!