Wild Rice CasseroleFrom BAZINGABrie 1 year ago
- 1 (6 oz) package long grain and wild rice mix (not instant rice!) shopping list
- 1 medium white onion, chopped (1/2 - 1 cup) shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup carrots, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup potato, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 small can condensed chicken and white rice soup (cream of chicken soup also works!) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth (chicken bouillon granules in water also work!) shopping list
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh is tastier!) shopping list
- 1/2 frozen peas shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh bail or 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed basil shopping list
- 2 cups shredded chicken (or turkey!) shopping list
- Shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Prepare rice mix according to package directions
- 2. While rice is cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In large skillet, cook onion, carrots, celery, and potato in hot butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in soup, sour cream, wine, and basil. Add cooked rice, shredded chicken, corn, and peas.
- 3. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 35 minutes or until heated through. Cheese will be a light, golden brown color.
- 4. Enjoy!
- Note: this recipe is great for leftovers!
The CookBAZINGABrie Surf City, California
- Not added to any groups yet!