Homemade And Healthier Chicken Pot PieFrom BAZINGABrie 8 months ago
- 1 can condensed chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1 cup chopped potatoes shopping list
- 1/4 chopped celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup corn (fresh is better!) shopping list
- 1/2 milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 4 boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 pastry sheets (unbaked) shopping list
- salt, pepper, garlic powder(optional) to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- 1. Boil chicken, carrots, peas, potatoes, and celery in water (enough to cover), season with garlic, salt, and pepper (optional). Boil for about 10 minutes -- until chicken is cooked through and carrots are firm but tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in saucepan, add onion and cook until onion is tender and translucent.
- 3. Add flour to cold milk and mix well (this keeps the flour from clumping when you add it to the hot ingredients!) Slowly add mixture to onions, cooking and stirring constantly. Slowly add broth to thickened milk mixture and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Cut chicken into cubes and add to cooked vegetables. Add corn. Add flour mixture to chicken and vegetables and mix well (or you can place chicken and veggies into pie crust and pour liquid over it).
- 5. Lightly grease and flour a 9-10 inch pie pan (I prefer clear glass). Place one pastry sheet in the bottom of pie pan. Pour chicken and vegetable mixture into bottom and top with another pastry sheet. Seal edges and cut 4 slits in top pastry to vent.
- 6. Place in preheated oven (recommended to put foil underneath in case of bubbling!) and bake for 40 minutes or until pastry is light golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- 7. Enjoy!
The CookBAZINGABrie Surf City, California
- Not added to any groups yet!