B.L.(fried green)T.From psychickaraoke 1 year ago
- 2 strips of bacon per sandwich shopping list
- enough hearty bread & lettuce (or other greens) for each sandwich shopping list
- mayo / other tangy dressing to taste shopping list
- enough flour & corn flour / polenta to dredge tomato slices, 1 C of each is enough for 3 tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tsp each basil, salt, and pepper per C of flour shopping list
- egg and/or milk, 1/2 C is plenty shopping list
How to make it
- fry bacon, set aside, reserve grease. grease should be about 375F.
- slice cold tomatoes about 1/3" thick. cold tomatoes will not be as exudative and, therefore, better retain their shape and consistently during coating and frying.
- dredge first in seasoned flour, then in egg/milk, and finally into corn flour / polenta See Photo. place 4 slices at a time in bacon greased skillet. fry over medium - medium high heat for 2 min. / side.
- set on paper towels
- toast bread
- assemble sandwiches and enjoy!
The Cookpsychickaraoke Athens, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!