Palm Sugar Steamed CakeFrom Yinhomemade 1 year ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- A shopping list
- 50g plain flour shopping list
- 15g caster sugar shopping list
- 70ml water shopping list
- 1tsp instant yeast shopping list
- B: shopping list
- 3 egg shopping list
- 100g caster sugar shopping list
- 200g plain flour (sifted) shopping list
- 1/4tsp dark soy sauce (for coloring purpose, optional) shopping list
- 90g melted margarine/butter shopping list
- C: shopping list
- ¼ tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1tsp baking powder shopping list
- D: shopping list
- 200g palm sugar/gula Melaka shopping list
- 100ml water shopping list
How to make it
- D Syrup:
- 1. Smash palm sugar into small pieces and boil palm sugar with water until it dissolved, set aside to cool.
- (It is best to crush the sugar into pieces and dissolve in hot water before boiling to speed up the process in dissolving the sugar.)
- A Cake dough starter:
- 1. Add in A ingredient stir till well blended.
- 2. Cover and set it aside to proof for 1hour.
- B Egg batter:
- 1. Whisk eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 2. Lightly fold flour into egg batter by batches.
- 3. Mix melted margarine, black soy sauce and syrup together.
- 4. Add in fermented cake dough starter mix until well blended.5.Lastly, sift baking soda and baking powder into batter and mix well.
- 6. Pour batter into greased small cake moulds.
- 7. Steam in a preheated steamer at high heat for 10-15 minutes until cook.
- 8. Remove cake and cool it on a wire rack.
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!