Asian-style Spicy Beef ChiliFrom oliviajasonkim 3 years ago
- Servings: 6 people shopping list
- Prep time: 15 minutes shopping list
- Cook time: 60 minutes shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1.5 lbs ground chuck or beef shopping list
- 2 (1.25 oz) packets chili powder (medium or hot) shopping list
- 1 medium sized potato, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 2 tbsp red chili pepper flakes shopping list
- 5, 6 dried red chili peppers shopping list
- 1 large can tomato, diced shopping list
- 5, 6 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans shopping list
- 1, 2 cups water (or beef broth) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- sesame seeds (garnish) shopping list
- shredded cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown ground meat in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Cook until brown and add the minced garlic. Discard excess fatty oil either by draining or using a strainer.
- After cutting hard vegetables into cubes, add to the pot with water, chili powder, and seasonings like soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add remaining ingredients like canned tomatoes and bean varieties; slow boil on low heat for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice and/or desired toppings like sesame seeds, diced onions, cheese, or even crackers.
- *Instead of using premade chili mix packets (like we do), you can also combine the following ingredients to make your own chili seasoning: chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!