One-hour Shrimp PaellaFrom yadayadayada 3 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 8 ounces 1/2-inch cubes smoked ham (about 1 3/4 cups) shopping list
- 2 cups chopped onions shopping list
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon (generous) saffron threads, crumbled shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon hot Spanish paprika or hot Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 3 1/4 cups (or more) low-salt chicken broth, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice or medium-grain white rice shopping list
- 1 pound uncooked peeled deveined large shrimp shopping list
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add smoked ham, onions, and bell pepper, and sauté until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in saffron and paprika,
- then 3 cups broth and rice. Bring to boil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until
- rice is almost tender, about 15 minutes. Nestle shrimp into rice, top with olives, and drizzle with 1/4 cup (or more)
- broth to moisten. Cover and cook until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 6 minutes. Season to taste with more
- salt and pepper.
The Cookyadayadayada Jacksonville, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!