Green Tomato Brownie MuffinsFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 150 g low-fat silken tofu shopping list
- 4 cups chopped green tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tbsp agave nectar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp stevia extract shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup barley flour (or spelt flour) shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbsp (1 oz) chopped bittersweet chocolate or miniature chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375F, line muffin cups with paper liners or grease 24 spaces in a doughnut pan.
- In a food processor, puree the tofu, tomatoes, agave nectar and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- Cream the shortening, brown sugar and stevia until well blended.
- Add the pureed mixture and beat in well.
- Mix in the flours, cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake 1 hour (for muffins) or 35 minutes (for doughnuts).
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!