Cheesy Chicken PocketsFrom kathijo1230 2 years ago
- 2 cups cooked and chopped or shredded chicken shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1/4 Tsp. garlic powder) shopping list
- (Optional-other seasonings to taste, like basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 Cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (or cream of 'anything', I prefer mushroom. If doubling recipe then you can use 2 different flavors.) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (more if you prefer extra cheesy sauce) shopping list
- (Optional- cooked vegetables, like mushrooms, broccoli, squash, or peas and carrots.) shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) can of buttermilk biscuits (or 1 can crescent rolls) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to whatever degree the biscuits need (normally 350 or 375).
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over Medium heat, add Onion and Garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add Milk, Sour Cream, and Soup. Stir in 1/2 cup Cheese until melted. (Optional-add other seasonings in sauce to taste)
- In a bowl, mix Chicken and the other 1/2 cup Cheese. (At this point you can also add cooked veggies.)
- On a lightly floured surface, separate biscuits and flatten each with the palm of your hand and then roll flat with a cup. See Photo. (For Crescents, just unroll and separate.)
- Divide filling evenly among dough circles, placing filling on one side of each dough circle. (For Crescents, put 3 Tbs. of chicken on wide end of each triangle and roll to opposite point.)
- Fold the other sides of biscuit-dough circles over filling; press edges with the tines of a fork.
- Arrange filled biscuits/crescents on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- During last 10 minutes, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Serve with sauce poured over the top.