Gluten Free SpeculaasFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 1 cup gluten-free-flour-blend.html">Artisan Gluten Free Flour Blend/ shopping list
- 2/3 tsp guar gum shopping list
- 2/3 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1.3 oz Earth Balance coconut spread (or other vegan margarine) shopping list
- 1.3 oz non-hydrogenated shortening shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- dash gluten-free almond extract (McCormick is good) shopping list
- 2 tsp rum shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together the flour, guar gum, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat together the Earth Balance, shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add the almond extract and rum.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat to a crumbly dough.
- Shape into a log, wrap well in plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1-4 hours (alternatively freeze at this point for later baking).
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment (do not grease).
- Slice cookies 1/4" thick and place on the sheets 1" apart
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool completely on the sheets.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!