Easy Carrot CakeFrom dandelion 2 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups butter shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 3 cups packed shredded carrots with liquid shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (opt.) shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 lb. confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one a a time blending well after each addition. Sift flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Add to batter. Add shredded carrots, vanilla extract and nuts.
- Spray 2-8 inch round or square cake pans with non stick cooking spray. Pour in batter and make sure it is evenly distributed. Bake for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Cool to room temperature. Frost in between layers and on top.
- This cake freezes will even wit the frosting.
- to make frosting, mix cream cheese and butter. Slowly add confectioner's sugar, beat until well blended. Add vanilla extract and stir until spreading consistency.
The Cookdandelion Ashland, NE
- Not added to any groups yet!