Chicken A La KingFrom MrsSims 4 years ago
- 375g left over chicken or 4 cooked chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 green pepper – halved, deseeded and shredded shopping list
- 1 cup button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced shopping list
- 1 rounded tbsp of flour shopping list
- 60g butter shopping list
- 150ml milk shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- pinch black pepper shopping list
- 150ml cream shopping list
- 250ml chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- Remove any skin and bones and cut the chicken flesh into chunky pieces.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the prepared green pepper and sauté gently for five minutes to soften.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and fry for a further few minutes.
- Draw the pan off the heat and stir in the flour.
- Gradually stir in chicken stock and then the milk.
- Replace the pan over the heat and cook until the mixture thickens and comes to the boil, stirring all the time.
- Add the cream and stir through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pieces of chicken and heat through gently.
The CookMrsSims St Albert, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!