Potato & Bacon Breakfast CasseroleFrom Gohlke11 1 year ago
- 2 bags southern / country-style hash browns (cubes), completely thawed (if they’re not thawed, they won’t cook correctly) shopping list
- 1 family size package cooked bacon (50 slices), crumbled shopping list
- 6 c. pepper jack cheese (shredded) shopping list
- 6 c. cheddar cheese (shredded) shopping list
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped shopping list
- 12 eggs shopping list
- 3 c. milk shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- fajita seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Divide one bag of potatoes into (2) 9×13″ baking dishes. Season with salt, pepper & fajita seasoning. Mix the cheeses together and sprinkle half of the mixture over the potatoes. Repeat with the remaining potatoes and cheese.
- Spread the onions over the cheese mixture and then sprinkle everything with the crumbled bacon. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper & fajita seasoning, and pour the egg mixture evenly over the potato mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or 7-8 hours).
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350. Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly but not brown. It could take up to an hour. Allow to stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with salsa and a side of fresh fruit.