Salsa For The Health Makes The Body GreatFrom honestcooksroom 1 year ago
- 2 medium size plum or roma tomatoes, stems removed, finely diced. shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper (stems, ribs, seeds removed), finely diced. shopping list
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced. shopping list
- 1 shallot or 1/2 red onion, finely diced. shopping list
- 1 jalapeno or serrano chili pepper (stems, ribs, seeds removed), finely diced. shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 dried prune, finely minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoon low sodium tamari (soy sauce) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- squeezed lemon to your taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all off the ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix them well. Taste.
- Let it stand for at least 1 hour and taste again. If the chillies makes the salsa too hot add some more chopped tomato or dried prunes. If not hot enough, carefully add a few of the seeds from the chillies. If the taste not lemony enough, squeeze more lemon. Adjust the taste to suit your liking. You might add ground cumin or other spices to make it more you, but remember, do not add more salt or more tamari (soy sauce).
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later use.
The Cookhonestcooksroom Borne, The Netherlands
- Not added to any groups yet!