Coconut Ginger Bread PuddingFrom improvisingfood 4 years ago
- 4 buns (aged is perfectly okay) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups of milk shopping list
- 3/4 cups of sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup of dried crystallized ginger shopping list
- 1 cup of dried coconut flakes shopping list
- [Improvising options: Milk--> half half, vanilla almond/soy milk | dried crystallized ginger --> chocolate chips, dried cranberries] shopping list
How to make it
- Slice the buns into 1/2 inch cubes and put them in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla and whisk until all combines. Pour the mixture on the bread cubes and mix gently so all the bread is covered with the mixture.
- After 15 minutes add the ginger (after you sliced it to chunks) and the coconut.
- Grease a baking pan, and pour the mixture on it. Bake for 20 minutes on 300F and then another 20 minutes on 350F.
- That’s it, it’s ready. This bread pudding spreads such a great smell all over the house while it’s baking! The ginger adds more sweetness to the bread pudding, together with light spicy flavor. I really liked the result. Enjoy.
The Cookimprovisingfood Bay Area, California
- Not added to any groups yet!