Chunky Blueberry Peach JamFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 19 oz (about 5 medium) peaches, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 12 oz blueberries (2 1/3 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced dried apple, soaked overnight and drained shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cardamom shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 3 cups "jam sugar" with added pectin (I used Redpath's QuickSet for Jam) shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all the ingredients but the "jam sugar" and vanilla in a heavy sauce-pot.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until berries begin to burst.
- Raise heat to a boil and add the sugar.
- Boil hard for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Ladle into jars and process 15 minutes in a waterbath.