Tomato Salad Recipe With Cucumber, Avocado, Cilantro, And LimeFrom Manicmarie80 2 years ago
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced into bite-sized pieces (about 2 cups diced tomatoes) shopping list
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced into bite-sized pieces (about 1 cup diced cucumber) shopping list
- 1 avocado, diced into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (use more or less to taste) shopping list
- 1 T + 2 T fresh squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 1 T best quality extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt to taste (I used Vege-Sal, but sea salt would be great here) shopping list
How to make it
- Peel avocado and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (I use this method for peeling and cutting an avocado.)
- Put avocado pieces into plastic or glass bowl and toss with 1 T lime juice. Season generously with salt.
- Cut tomatoes, cucumbers, and cilantro and add to avocado in bowl. Whisk together 2 T lime juice and 1 T olive oil (with Spike seasoning if using) then stir gently into salad.
- Serve immediately. This doesn't keep well, so only make as much as will be eaten right away.
The CookManicmarie80 Portland, Oregon
- Not added to any groups yet!