Prime Rib RoastFrom dianartimus 4 years ago
- 1 roast (Prime Rib preferably but other roasts can apply) 2-6lbs shopping list
- ! heaping teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup juniper berries shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup gin (I like Beefeaters) shopping list
- 1/4 Cup olive oil (extra virgin is best) shopping list
How to make it
- This works best on a large Prime Rib Roast but other roasts will work well too. Place clean roast in deep roasting pan and set aside for a few minutes. Set oven temperature to 350. In blender add all dry ingredients and blend on high till Juniper berries and peppercorns are coursely ground and mixed well. In a small mixing bowl mix olive oil, gin and garlic and pour over and rub into roast well. Then sprinkle on the pepper and juniper mixture and pat all over roast till a nice crust coats roast. Roast in oven for 20 minutes per pound for rare, 30 minutes per pound for medium and 40 minutes per pound for well done. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving and slice and serve! The strained juices make a delicious gravy!
- On another variation this also works well in a crock pot. The only difference is that the meat will be well cooked and very tender. Same as above but cook on low for 8 hours in crock pot. Both ways are delicious!
The Cookdianartimus Highland, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!