Goodbye Turkey CasseroleFrom ttaaccoo 4 years ago
- 5 Table. ap flour shopping list
- 1/2 tea. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tea. onion salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk or light cream (hemp, soy, rice, etc) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Minute Rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups turkey broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated American cheese( split in half) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cooked asparagus shopping list
- 2 cups sliced turkey shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- White sauce
- Sift the flour and salts together. set aside. Melt the butter in the top of a double-boiler, add the flour mixture to the melted butter, stirring continuously. Cook about a minute to get rid of the "floury" taste. Slowly stir in the milk. Cook over hot water stirring occcasionally until thickened.
- Into a 9 X 13 inch baking pan, sprink.le in the rice. Combine the salt and broth and pour over the rice. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over all. Top with the asparagus then the turkey. Pour the white sauce over all.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese. Bake @ 375 degrees for 20 minutes --It will be all bubbly. Top with the toasted almonds and serve . WITH a SMILE!!
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!