Turkey And Israeli Couscous Salad With A Curry VinaigretteFrom PongoUSA 3 years ago
- 1/4 cup Freshly squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries ( I used Trader Joe's orenge flavored dried cranberries ) shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup Israeli couscous shopping list
- 1 tb olive oil shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup broth shopping list
- 180 grams Skinless roast turkey meat, cut into medium dice shopping list
- -- (1-1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium celery stalks, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 bn parsley, roughly chopped shopping list
- 3 tablesp. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 teasp. white wine vinegar ( white balsamico ) shopping list
- 1 -1/2 tsp. curry powder shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 head curly endive shopping list
How to make it
- In a 1-quart saucepan, bring the orange juice to a boil over medium high heat. Add the dried cranberries, stir, and set aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add couscous and roast until nicely browned, ca. 5 min. Bring 1 3/4 cups broth to a boil over high heat and add to the couscous, simmer until al dente, about 8 minutes. Let cool and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the cranberries and orange juice, turkey, nuts, and celery.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, and curry powder. Add
- to the couscous mixture and toss to combine. Season to taste with
- salt and pepper and serve.
- Line a large platter with the endive and spoon the salad over it. Serve with a crusty bread.
- nutrition information (per serving): Calories (kcal): 470; Fat (g):
- 20; Fat Calories (kcal): 180; Saturated Fat (g): 2.5; Protein (g):
- 22; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 13; Carbohydrates (g): 53;
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 3; Sodium (mg): 610; Cholesterol (mg): 35;
- Fiber (g): 4;
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!