Golden Gate ChickenFrom ratchetboy78 3 years ago
- 1 can (17 oz.) apricot halves in heavy syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp browning and seasoning sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp dried crushed basil leaves shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 6 chicken thighs (about 2lbs) (skin removed) shopping list
- 3 tbsp cold water shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Drain apricot syrup into a 1 cup measuring cup.
- Add water to make 1 cup liquid and set aside.
- Cut apricot halves in half place in a small bowl, cover and set aside.
- In a 3 1/2 quart round microwavable casserole dish, mix apricot liquid, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, browning and seasoning sauce, basil, and garlic. Place thighs in marinade, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Arrange thighs in a spoke fashon in the marinade with meaty ends toward outer edge of casserole. Cover tightly with a lid or plastic wrap, turning one edge back. Microwave at 100% power for 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and no longer pink along the bone, turning thighs over after 10 minutes. Transfer thighs to a serving platter, cover tightly with foil and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, stir water and cornstarch until smooth. Then stir into marinade in casserole dish. Add reserved apricots to marinade. Microwave marinade uncovered at 100% power for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Pour over chicken before serving.
The Cookratchetboy78 Grand Forks, ND
- Not added to any groups yet!