Slow Cooked White Beans With PancettaFrom PongoUSA 1 year ago
- 450 grams Dried flageolet beans shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- 1 tablesp. kosher salt shopping list
- 225 grams pancetta in one chunk ( or, even better the endpiece of some prosciutto ham from the deli ) shopping list
- 2 teasp. Finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves, plus sprigs for garnish shopping list
- 2 teasp. Finely chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. slices on a diagonal shopping list
- About 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil plus some for drizzling ( your best ) shopping list
- 1/4 cup Roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley, divided shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Put all ingredients including 2 tbsp. oil but not the sprigs or parsley in a 4- to 6-qt. slow-cooker. Add 7 cups boiling water and stir. Cover and cook until most of liquid is absorbed and beans are very tender, 8 hours on low.
- 2. Stir in 3 tbsp. parsley. Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with more oil. Garnish with rosemary and thyme sprigs ( optional ) and remaining 1 tbsp. parsley.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!