Cranberry-oatmeal BarsFrom twohot 5 months ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup) $ shopping list
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt $ shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted $ shopping list
- 3 tablespoons orange juice $ shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups dried cranberries (about 6 ounces) shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream $ shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar $ shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour $ shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind shopping list
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten $ shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. To prepare crust, weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle butter and juice over flour mixture, stirring until moistened (mixture will be crumbly). Reserve 1/2 cup oat mixture. Press remaining oat mixture into the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. To prepare filling, combine cranberries, sour cream, granulated sugar, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Spread cranberry mixture over prepared crust; sprinkle reserved oat mixture evenly over filling. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Cherry-Oatmeal Bars: Substitute dried cherries for the dried cranberries and lemon rind for the orange rind in filling.
- CALORIES 135 (31% from fat); FAT 4.6g (sat 2.6g, mono 0.8g, poly 0.2g); PROTEIN 1.7g; CARB 21.5g; FIBER 1.3g; CHOL 13mg; IRON 0.7mg; SODIUM 68mg; CALC 27mg
- Maple-Date-Oatmeal Bars: Substitute chopped pitted dates for the dried cranberries. Omit granulated sugar from filling, and add 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- CALORIES 124 (33% from fat); FAT 4.6g (sat 2.6g, mono 0.8g, poly 0.2g); PROTEIN 1.7g; CARB 19.8g; FIBER 1.1g; CHOL 13mg; IRON 0.7mg; SODIUM 68mg; CALC 26mg
- Kathy Farrell-Kingsley, Cooking Lig
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!