Fig And Cream Cheese BarsFrom twohot 3 years ago
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 ounces) $ shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt $ shopping list
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces $ shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 2 cups dried figs, stems removed shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided $ shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened $ shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 large egg $ shopping list
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, brown sugar, and salt, stirring well with a whisk. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press mixture firmly into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine figs, water, and 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 5 minutes or until figs are tender and sugar dissolves. Cool slightly. Place fig mixture and juice in a blender; process until smooth. Gently spread fig mixture over prepared crust.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cheese, vanilla, and egg in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Pour over fig mixture; spread to edges. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Nutritional Information
- Amount per serving
- Calories: 125
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 21.7g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 84mg
- Calcium: 33mg
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!