Romanian Sarmale, Stuffed Cabbage RollsFrom CookWithAnna 4 months ago
- - 1 sour cabbage shopping list
- - 500 g beef mince meat shopping list
- - 6 tbsp risotto rice shopping list
- - 1 egg shopping list
- - 1 carrot shopping list
- - 1 slice of bread soaked in milk shopping list
- - 1 onion shopping list
- - 100-150ml tomato paste shopping list
- - 3 slices of smoked bacon shopping list
- - 3 bael leaves shopping list
- - 7 peppercorn shopping list
- - salt shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the cabbage leaves one by one, cut them in half if they are too big and remove the stork.
- Chop the onion and carrot and fry them in a bit of oil with the rice.
- Mix the mince meat with the egg, fried onion, the slice of bread and a pinch of salt(be careful not to put a lot of salt because the sour cabbage is already salted)
- Place a tbsp of meat on the cabbage leaf and roll it tight then push the ends in with your finger
- Chop the rest of the cabbage you didn't use sprinkling half of it on the bottom of the pan then add the tomato paste and sliced bacon.
- Put the cabbage rolls in the pan.
- Cover the cabbage rolls with water then sprinkle the bael leaves, peppercorns and the rest of the chopped cabbage.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for 1 hour or until the cabbage it's softened.
- Serve with mamaliga and a chilly.
The CookCookWithAnna Bedford, United Kingdom
- Not added to any groups yet!