Ginger BeerFrom Kokopelli 3 years ago
How to make it
- Boil 6 cups of water.
- While the water is boiling, wash ginger and cut up into small pieces leaving the skin on it. Puree the ginger.
- Put the ginger in a safe container (can be used with boiled water, I use a large glass container with a rubber seal) and add the 6 cups of boiling water.
- Add the zest and juice of 1 Lime
- Add 2 T of cream of tartar.
- Mix and cover/close the container.
- When the mixture has cooled prepare a yeast mixture. Yeast mixture: Add 1 tsp of dry yeast to 1/3 cup of warm water and mix until well blended. Add the yeast mixture to your ginger mixture.
- Stir the ginger then cover/close the container and let sit for 6 hours
- After 6 hours dissolve 1 to 1.5 cups of sugar into a cup of warm water. Stir until dissolved.
- Add the sugar mixture to the ginger and stir.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- I usually serve this by straining individual servings into a glass. No worries if you don't mind the ginger and lime bits in your beverage.
The CookKokopelli Nowhere, Us
The Rating1 people
I did this on the weekend. Thoroughy enjoy it on these hot days of summer. Thank you for sharing this as I cannot find any ginger beer in our stores now.
very grateful indeed!nanoo in UXBRIDGE loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!