Walnut ButterFrom pointsevenout 4 years ago
How to make it
- Process walnuts in a food processor with the cutting blade fixed on the bottom.
- Pulse until ground fine then steady on for about 2 minutes until the oil starts coming out of the nuts. You'll see it on the side of the processor container. Scrape down sides of processor several times during the total process time.
- Add salt, vanilla and cinnamon; continue processing. Process for a total of about 15 minutes.
- Drizzle in vegetable oil while processing.
- Drizzle in honey while processing.
- Honey will make the butter get much thicker. Add more vegetable oil as necessary.
- Process until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Containerize and refrigerate.
- Pour off any oil that separates to the surface before using.
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!