Cannellini Stew With Sausage, Kale, Cheese ToastsFrom CatMarie6 1 year ago
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic $ shopping list
- 4 (2-ounce) smoked turkey and duck sausages with fennel, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (such as Gerhard's) shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 (19-ounce) cans cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 4 cups bagged chopped kale shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice $ shopping list
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) shredded provolone cheese shopping list
- 6 (1-ounce) slices French bread baguette $ shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and sausage; sauté 1 minute. Add water, broth, and beans; bring to a boil. Stir in kale, black pepper, red pepper, and salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until kale is tender. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
- While soup simmers, sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese over each bread slice; broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Serve toasts with soup.
The CookCatMarie6 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!