Irish Soda BreadFrom phwriter11 1 year ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven 325F(165C).Grease 9x5loaf pan.Combine dry ingredients.Blend eggs and buttermilk together. Add to flour mixture.Mix just until moistened. Stir in butter and mix. Pour in pan.Bake for 65-70 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.Cool and wrap. See Photo
- Once you’ve made the basic recipe, try some of these variations:
- * Add 1 teaspoon of sugar, reduce the salt to 1/2 teaspoon and add 50 g (1/3 cup) raisins to make a fruit soda
- * Cut the dough into circles and cook for only 20 minutes to make white soda scones
The Cookphwriter11 MNL, Stockholm
- Not added to any groups yet!