Omelet With Smoked Mackerel And SpinachFrom PongoUSA 4 months ago
- 2 or 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 tb milk shopping list
- S+P shopping list
- 1 tb butter shopping list
- 1 bn spinach shopping list
- 1/4 onion, fine dice shopping list
- 1/2 garlic clove, fine dice shopping list
- nutmeg shopping list
- 50 g smoked mackerel or salmon, diced shopping list
- 100 g queso fresco, or creme cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in pan, sweat onion and garlic, until soft. Add washed spinach and let wilt. Season with S+P, nutmeg. let cool and squeeze dry. Beat egg with milk, until smooth. Don't overbeat. Season with S+P.
- Heat butter in a heavy non stick pan ( cast iron works great ), until foamy. Add egg and let sit for a couple min., until somewhat set. With a spatula, lift edge of egg and tilt pan, so the liquid egg can flow underneath the cooked portion. Work your way around the pan. When the surface starts to look dryer, top egg with spinach, fish and cheese. Let heat through for a minute, than fold one third of the egg over. Slide omelet on plate with the folded side first and fold over last third, when omelet is slipping out of pan. Sprinkle with some more cheese and serve.
- Oven fried sweet potatoes and a green salad with vinaigrette pair well with the omelet.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!