Skinny Texas Cheese FriesFrom twohot 4 years ago
- Servings: 2 • Serving Size: 1/2 • Old Points: 6 pt • Points+: 7 pt shopping list
- Calories: 259 • Fat: 12.3 g • Protein: 10.1 g • Carb: 29 g • Fiber: 2.9 g • Sugar: 1.4 g shopping list
- Sodium: 590.5 mg (without salt) shopping list
- If you make the homemade low-fat buttermilk ranch ad 1 point plus or 52 calories. shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes (2/3 lb total), yukon gold or russet, washed and dried (skin on) shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp smoked paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cumin shopping list
- coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- 1 slice center cut bacon, cooked & finely chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp diced scallions shopping list
- 1 tbsp sliced pickled jalapeno (jarred on canned) shopping list
- low-fat buttermilk ranch dressing shopping list
- Servings: 13 • Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 1 pts shopping list
- Calories: 52.3 • Fat: 2.0 g • Carbs: 5.5 g • Fiber: 0.0 g • Protein: 3.4 g • Sugar: 3.7 g shopping list
- Sodium: 288.8 mg shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 3/4 cup fat free sour cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt shopping list
- 1/3 cup Hellman's light mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 cups 1% low fat buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch thin slices; then cut each slice into 1/4 inch fries.
- In a large bowl, combine cut potatoes and oil; toss well. Add seasoning (paprika to salt and pepper). Toss to coat.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a lightly greased large baking sheet. Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until tender crisp, turning once half way through (depending on thickness this may require more or less time).
- Remove from oven, place fries into two small oven safe dishes (or one large dish for sharing), top with cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos, scallions and bacon bits and return to oven for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Serve with low fat buttermilk ranch dressing and serve.
- Low-fat Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, combine the sour cream, yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, powder, onion powder, parsley, chives, salt, and cracked pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in the white balsamic vinegar; then buttermilk.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste, adding another tablespoon of balsamic vinegar if desired. The flavors will become bolder over time.
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!