Southwestern Chicken Soup.From bigstmpr 2 years ago
- 4 chicken thighs boiled in about 6 to cups of water. shopping list
- 2cans of pinto beans or cook your own beans and use about 3 cups. shopping list
- 1 can of whole kernel corn shopping list
- 5 medium red potatoes. can use irish or yellow potatoes shopping list
- 2 stocks of sliced celery shopping list
- 1 sm. onion or 6 green onions shopping list
- 1 rounded tsp. of garlic shopping list
- 1 can of diced tomatoes can use two if you like. shopping list
- 1/8th to 1/4th tsp. of dried cilantro . you can use fresh if you like. shopping list
- 1/2 of a orange (sweet bell) pepper can use more if you like. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen green beans. shopping list
- add black pepper to suit your taste. shopping list
- 1 to 2 tsp. of chili powder or to suit your taste. shopping list
- add salt to suite your taste. you can also use chili peppers. shopping list
How to make it
- bring chicken and water and celery, onion, garlic, to a boil in a deep soup pot. boil till chicken is done. then remove the chicken set aside to dice. make sure you have enough water to cover all the vegetables that you add to the soup. the vegetables are- pinto beans, whole kernel corn, red potatoes,cilantro,1can of diced tomatoes,1 1/2 cup of green beans.1/2 orange (sweet bell) pepper.
- after the vegetables are added to the broth also add the diced chicken.bring to a boil again and cook till the potatoes are done. should add the pepper, salt and chili powder before you start cooking the vegetables.
The Cookbigstmpr Edgewood, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!