Miscellaneous CakeFrom mommyth 4 years ago
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 2 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tsp baking powder shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- scant 3/4 cup oil shopping list
- 3 eggs – beaten or not shopping list
- 1 1/8 cup fruit juice/soy milk (or other liquid - even tea or strong coffee) shopping list
- 1-1.5 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine dry ingredients.
- 2. Add wet ingredients.
- 3. Line a large pan with parchment to make it easier to transfer the cake and/or clean the pan.
- 4. Bake for 45- 50 minutes at 350 F.
- 5. Test doneness with a toothpick/knife.
- I doubled the original recipe to fill a sheet cake pan. Good basic cake recipe. One bowl preparation - easy to improvise on. I've added:
- • mashed bananas
- • chopped fruit
- • brandy
- • instant coffee - maybe 1-3 tsp, dissolved in a little hot water...
- • a bag of chocolate chips (white, dark - whatever) - the chips tend to sink, so add them to the flour and mix to coat them before you add the rest of the ingredients.
- • banana and choc. chips.
- • 1-1.5 tsp of cinnamon
- • lemon juice
- • glazed with coffee or lemon glaze (add liquid to powdered sugar)
- • cocoa and choc chips - (if you use cocoa, increase the amount of oil to 1 cup, increase the sugar).
- • crumb topping - involves combining margarine, flour, brown sugar, white sugar, a little salt, cinnamon, and maybe other spices, (and possibly baking soda) then distributing over the top. So a Google for proportions...
- • I've made the cake with whole wheat flour and brown sugar...
- • You could probably use applesauce or pureed banana instead of oil…
The Cookmommyth Kochav HaShachar, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!